Ant Control – Black Ants, Sugar Ants, Red Ants
What they do – Ant Problems:
- Common ants nesting and breeding areas are usually large colonies underground made up of many hundreds of thousands in networks of tunnels
- The worker ants forage for food and water on a daily basis. These are the pests that enter our living and working space. Only a small percentage (5-10%) of the colony forages so spraying the foraging ants will have limited effect overall
- Common black sugar ants do not cause any structural damage to property, and are quite harmless. They become an irritation and are seen as a pest when present in large numbers which can eventually grow and cause a need for Ant Control solutions
What you can do – Black Ants, Red Ants & Sugar Ants Prevention:
- Do not leave foodstuffs out and open on counters for any length of time, and ensure no traces of anything sweet or sticky is left on surfaces i.e. spilled cooldrinks, crumbs etc that could attract the ants.
- Ants breeding outside are commonly found in grass and garden beds that are dry, patchy and struggling. It is very unusual to find ant problems coming from thick, green, lush lawns and flowerbeds. They commonly prefer dry sandy soil, especially around paving areas.
- For the best long term results in eradicating ants from your property and from entering your home or office, focus your attention (and money) rather on boosting the health of your lawn by fertilising at least twice per annum. Also ensure any lawn is cut on a higher (longer) setting, and not very short, as some gardeners or garden services like to do.
Solutions We Offer
Any treatment to the perimeter of the premises is a very effective short-term knockdown aiming to prevent the ants from entering your premises in the first place. It is impossible for us to eradicate the source of the problem under the ground, so we just offer a temporary solution to a bigger problem.
Combined with a perimeter spray to outside walls we also treat inside by means of a residual spray applied to problem areas. The insecticidal spray treatment leaves a residual of active ingredient behind and this can cause the ants to be stimulated in the process of poisoning. So please do not worry, the ant activity should decrease after about a week.
Ant Bait Treatment
We can also apply revolutionary ant bait gels and granules in strategic places inside. These environmentally friendly, non-toxic and odorless ant gels and granules are a food source that is taken by the ants back down into the nests and kills from within. For best results it does need to be re-applied, and follow-up visits are necessary.
Garden & Lawn Treatment
Our garden & lawn treatments are also very effective in the short term. As this treatment involves applying a water soluble chemical outside, and we cannot control the weather patterns, unfortunately we cannot offer any guarantee. Rain washes the chemical away and the UV of the sun also breaks down the active ingredient. Recommended for dry winter months.