BIRD CONTROL & BIRD PROOFING
What they do – Bird Problems:
- Birds roosting in unwanted places often results in bird droppings, messy bird nests as well as noise disturbance.
- Birdlice infestations are found inside buildings adjacent to bird activity. Birdlice causes itching and rashes which can be highly disruptive to staff and the work environment. Bird lice needs the presence of the host (birds) to survive & breed. It is essential to birdproof the area first before bird lice spray is undertaken or else the bird lice may return within days of treatment.
- Birdproofing involves physically blocking and preventing nuisance birds from roosting in a specific area, and there are many alternative options available (see below).
What you can do – Bird Control:
- Bird prevention starts with physical barriers. Block up any obvious points of entry to your building or holes that the birds are using. Ensure you do not trap any birds or their young in nests that may be inside the roof void or factory when you seal up the holes. We do offer this service if you need assistance with closing up the holes (see birdproofing below).
- Do not leave foodstuffs out that may attract unwanted birds to your premises and remove any spilled grains, seeds etc. Birds are usually a pest in commercial buildings, retail and factory environments, and cleaning up spills of edible product can go a long way to reducing bird populations.
What we can do for you – Feral Bird Control / Bird Proofing Solutions:
Bird Proofing solutions are dependent on the type of bird and specific location. In food production areas and HACCP factories and premises no birds or droppings are tolerated internally due to the risk of contamination with product or packaging, and other related health issues. A finding of bird droppings can mean audit failure.
A bird assessment usually needs to be undertaken first to determine the best solution for your situation and recommendations could include:
- Bird Spikes
Steel bird spikes are permanently attached to the problem area using a chemical bonding material, to physically prevent feral birds roosting and nesting.
- Bird Capture
A bird capture programme can be undertaken, where we feed and trap feral birds in cages, usually after hours when your staff are not on site. We then remove the birds from your premises for safe release in an area far enough away that the birds cannot return. This has proven to be highly successful as a method of bird control in large factories and warehouses in particular. These are usually places where physical bird proofing is either not possible due to inaccessibility or cost.
- Bird Culling
A bird culling programme can be discussed with us on an individual basis for unique situations with persistent resident feral birds. This is not undertaken unless there is a specific set of circumstances that render no other viable alternative, and cannot be avoided.
We love birds and animals and our first choice is always to educate our clients in order to find a responsible solution that will not cause harm to these creatures.
- Bird Netting and Bird Mesh
Birds can be physically blocked and prevented from entering a structure by using nylon bird netting or pvc bird mesh. The netting or mesh is anchored to the premises using U.V. resistant cable ties and nylon string, or hilti nails and washers, depending on the building structure. Our birdproofing carries a 3 month workmanship guarantee.
- Bird Nest Removal
All bird nests (with young and eggs) are safely removed from the problem area and from site, and the immediate adjacent area cleaned up of nesting material.
- Bird Lice Spray
The area adjacent to the bird activity (after we have birdproofed and undertaken nest removal) is then treated for birdlice by means of a residual insecticidal spray. The adjacent area below the ceiling inside offices or homes as well as inside factories where birdlice can cause a problem with staff can also be sprayed on a knockdown basis.
- Eagle Eye Bird Prevention
Eagle Eye “Bird Scarer” units can be installed externally on larger buildings and commercial premises. We are an agent for Eagle Eye, and do the initial installation and monthly maintenance servicing thereafter. The installation of Eagle Eye units must be seen as a complete system. The longer the system is in place the more effective it becomes. Eagle Eyes are designed to be used in conjunction with complimentary bird proofing systems.
- Nightmare Sound System
The Nightmare Sound system units can be installed in order to control roosting (sleeping) pigeons only. The units emit a combination of high frequency sound that irritates the birds, which are sensitive to the sound made by the Nightmare Sound System and will choose to relocate to other areas. We are an agent for this system and do the installations and monthly maintenance. The Nightmare Sound system is most effective when used in conjuction with other methods of bird prevention and control.
Need a quote? Have a question for us?
….. then Contact us
IT PAYS IN THE END TO BUY THE BEST IN THE BEGINNING!