Commercial & Industrial Pest Control
Professional Pest Services in Offices, Factories, Retail, Hospitals, Schools, Hotels and other Work & Business environments
Commercial & Industrial Pest Control
- Most offices, shops, factories, schools and hospitals will have a pest control problem at some stage. Our cities are dirtier than ever before. Our temperatures are higher and generally environmental factors have changed.
- Cockroaches breed every 28 days and rats & mice breed every 2-3 weeks. Any service period longer than 30 days between services will mean new infestation could come in from externally, causing more problems.
- The industry norm today is for offices, schools, hospitals, shops, blocks of flats, light industry and factories to treat for cockroaches and rodents on a Monthly Service basis.
- Most Municipalities’ Health Departments require proof that this basic level of service is being undertaken. That is a basic Monthly Service Agreement for cockroach and rodent control.
What Pest Services can we offer your Business?
- Service Master will assess and quote for any size business from the smallest office or shop right up to the largest corporate or industrial premises. From a Wakaberry store to the entire King Shaka International Airport complex, no job is too big or small.
- Simple to understand “one page” agreements for commercial pest services. No complicated contracts or detailed small print. We work on ethics, honesty and trust and most of our commercial clients stay with us. Some for over 20 years!
- We will design a service programme to meet your specific requirements.
- We offer a basic Monthly maintenance pest programme, undertaken to the highest standards, as well as the full range of Food Safety HACCP, ISO and SABS compatible pest management services to international audit standards.
- Service Master’s policy is that top quality service and results can only be produced by people who have excellent practical and technical skills. Ongoing training ensures that they remain proficient and are able to offer you the “service excellence” you expect and we demand. We will take care to fully understand your requirements, and take cognizance of any special requirements that you may have.
What are Food Safety Pest Services, HACCP and GMP pest services?
- Food related businesses have a legal obligation to ensure products and packaging are pest free and these clients require a higher level of pest service standard. This type of service is called HACCP in our industry (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and is based on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Our HACCP clients have external auditors coming to site to check on food safety at their premises including our pest service processes, including monitoring logs, trend analyses, pesticide usage logs, material safety data sheets, pest management protocols, service reports and more.
- An example of clients requiring pest management to HACCP standards are food producers, food retailers, food packaging manufacturers, food warehousing, even food transport companies. Our services and documentation are audited to international food safety standards.
- We have never failed a food safety audit and are proud of our high standards.
- We also offer pest services to International audit standards, local SABS audit pest management standards and ISO audit pest control standards.
Our Quality Care System is an optional extra
- It allows us and you to monitor pest service data from your premises live on our web-based software.
- Our equipment on your site is bar-coded (tamper proof rodent boxes, insect light traps etc) and our technician scans each item and makes notes online as he is carrying out the service.
- You are then able to see exactly what is happening at your premises and levels of activity for each item. Damaged or broken equipment is reported instantly, all accessible through your unique log in details.
- You are also able to view site maps, trend analyses and other reports live by logging onto the system from anywhere via the internet.
What is Integrated Pest Management?
- In the past the commercial & industrial pest management industry almost exclusively used residual insecticidal spray to control insect pests. Some companies still do.
- With the public’s growing concern over this chemical approach, alternative techniques were developed resulting in Integrated Pest Management.
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Principles we subscribe to
- Making structural changes and physical barriers.
- Improving sanitation and hygiene to minimize infestation.
- Modifying habits and behavior.
- Use of non-insecticidal products, trapping devices and monitoring systems.
- Chemicals are only used as the last resort.
- Environmentally friendly services are undertaken using gel baits, granules, dusting powders and pastes which are target pest specific.