All About What Rats & Mice Do, What You Can Do
And What We Can Do For You!
What they do …..
- Rats and mice live wherever they find food – in domestic houses, factories, warehouses, underground drains and sewers.
- Rats damage structures, eat stored foods and contaminate foodstuff with droppings, urine and hair.
- Rats carry many different parasites and can transmit diseases to humans, such as Salmonella, Typhus, Rat Bite Fever and others.
- A single female rat can produce up to 10 litters each year and she has 6–12 babies per litter. The babies will be ready to mate in two months.
- Rats memorize specific pathways and use the same routes over and over again.
- Rats gnaw on almost anything such as wood, electric cables and bricks, so as to wear down their constantly growing incisor teeth.
- Rats are excellent climbers and will scale up walls and drain pipes and use adjacent trees and branches, even overhead telephone cables, to enter your structure.
What you can do …..
- Animal food (for dogs, birds, etc) should not be left out in the open. This acts as an attractant to rats. Feed animals and pick up the leftover food straight away.
- Ensure that plants and branches are not touching the walls or roof outside your property. These act as ‘bridges’ which rats (and ants) can use to climb and gain access to your premises.
- Block up all possible access holes including gaps around pipes where plumbing enters the building. Also check for gaps in the back lining of cupboards and seal up where necessary.
- Ensure no food is left out on countertops overnight. All food should be in sealed containers and inside cupboards.
What we can do for you …..
A successful rodent control programme must include the co-operation of the client!
Our very successful rodent treatments usually involve visiting your property (office/factory/home) more than once. We do an initial treatment and at least one follow up visit to rebait problem areas. Rats breed so quickly that a once-off treatment is not usually enough to control the rat problem. We recommend Monthly Services in high risk businesses and locations.
We have a range of rodenticides that we use for rat or mice infestation in different areas, depending on your unique situation and safety issues. For example, wax blocks, liquid bait, tracking powder, rodent paste, mouse repellents, snapper traps, glue traps etc
For commercial and industrial premises (and also some homes!) we install Tamper Proof Rodent Bait Stations externally. Tamper proof rodent boxes (TPRB) enable the control of rodents in “public” and external areas where there is a chance of unauthorized access. The bait stations are secured to the ground with access obtained by means of a special key of which only you and ourselves have copies.
The rodenticide is then placed into these boxes. If our contract service for regular monthly baiting is accepted, we will install them free of labour charge. These boxes then become your fixed property.
For commercial and industrial rodent control – we offer full food safety (HACCP) standard and audit documentation (on request) and our rodent treatment programmes are fully compliant. Read more about our Food Safety Audit Standard pest services here:
Watch a video of the installation of a Tamper Proof Rodent Box at a factory premises here:
Need a quote? Have a question for us?
….. then Contact us
IT PAYS IN THE END TO BUY THE BEST IN THE BEGINNING!