Rats & Mice – Rodent Control
What they do – Rat, Mouse and Rodent Problems:
- Rats and mice live wherever they find food – in domestic houses, factories, warehouses, underground drains and sewers.
- Rats damage structures, eat stored foods and contaminate foodstuff with droppings, urine and hair.
- Rats carry many different parasites and can transmit diseases to humans, such as Salmonella, Typhus, Rat Bite Fever and others.
- A single female rat can produce up to 10 litters each year and she has 6–12 babies per litter. The babies will be ready to mate in two months.
- Rats memorize specific pathways and use the same routes over and over again.
- Rats gnaw on almost anything such as wood, electric cables and bricks, so as to wear down their constantly growing incisor teeth.
- Rats are excellent climbers and will scale up walls and drain pipes and use adjacent trees and branches, even overhead telephone cables, to enter your structure.
What you can do – Rodent (Rats & Mice) Prevention at home:
- Animal food (for dogs, birds, etc) should not be left out in the open. This acts as an attractant to rats. Feed animals and pick up the leftover food straight away.
- Ensure that plants and branches are not touching the walls or roof outside your property. These act as ‘bridges’ which rats (and ants) can use to climb and gain access to your premises.
- Block up all possible access holes including gaps around pipes where plumbing enters the building. Also check for gaps in the back lining of cupboards and seal up where necessary.
- Ensure no food is left out on countertops overnight. All food should be in sealed containers and inside cupboards.
Solutions We Offer
Commercial & Industrial
For commercial and industrial rodent control we offer full food safety standard (HACCP) and audit documentation (on request) and our rodent treatment programs are fully compliant. Read more about our Food Safety Audit Standard pest services here:
We have a range of rodenticides that we use for rat or mice infestation in different areas, depending on your unique situation and safety issues. For example, wax blocks, liquid bait, tracking powder, rodent paste, mouse repellents, snapper traps, glue traps and some others are used in our process.
Tamper-Proof Rodent Boxes
Tamper proof rodent boxes (TPRB) enable the control of rodents in “public” and external areas where there is a chance of unwanted access. The bait boxes are secured to the ground with access obtained by a special key of which only you and ourselves have copies. The rodenticide is placed into the boxes. If our contract service for monthly baiting is accepted, we will install them free of labour charge
Domestic Rodent Control
Our very successful rodent treatments usually involve visiting your property (office/factory/home) more than once. We do an initial treatment and at least one follow up visit to re-bait problem areas. Rats breed so quickly that a once-off treatment is not usually enough to control the rat problem. We recommend Monthly Services in high risk locations.