Many South Africans have started returning back to work and more will be allowed to go back to work in the coming months after the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is the employer and individuals’ responsibility to ensure that all the necessary protocols are in place and adhered to, to minimise the spread of COVID-19.
Here are a few guidelines for employees & workers, that they can implement when they return to work.
- Twice daily temperature reads – Take your employees temperature when they arrive and leave work.
- Promote frequent and thorough hand washing, including by providing workers, customers, and worksite visitors with a place to wash their hands. If soap and running water are not immediately available, provide alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 70% alcohol.
- Encourage respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
- Discourage workers from using other workers’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible.
- Maintain regular housekeeping practices, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment.
- Face masks should be worn at all times and social distancing protocols must also be adhered to at the workplace.
- Provide workers, customers and the public with tissues and trash receptacles.
- Where possible, try implementing staggered work shifts, downsizing operations, delivering services remotely, and other exposure-reducing measures.
- Encourage sick workers or those displaying symptoms of COVID-19 to stay at home.
These are only a few pointers to implement at work, if you want a comprehensive guide as suggested by the US Department of Labour, you can download it HERE.
Service Master does microbial fogging that kills up to 99.9% of all viruses. If anyone in your workforce has been affected by the virus, please Contact Us to have your business treated.